Medical Staff Applicants
If you are interested in applying to the medical staff of Methodist Hospital you must submit a completed a pre-application form. Once received the pre-application form will be reviewed to determine eligibility to apply for medical staff membership and privileges with Methodist Hospital. Please note that this pre-application form is not an application for medical staff membership or clinical privileges.
In accordance with the medical staff bylaws, there are several requirements that must be met in order to be considered for a medical staff application form.
- have a current, valid medical license to practice your respective profession in the State of California;
- possess current federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification;
- maintain professional liability insurance coverage meeting the minimum policy limits and other requirements established by Methodist Hospital;
- not be currently excluded or debarred from, or otherwise ineligible to participate in, any health care programs funded in whole or in part by the United States Government, including the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
If you meet the requirements listed above, you may request a pre-application form. To obtain a copy of the pre-application form please contact the Medical Staff Services Office staff directly via e-mail or by calling 626-574-3795. All other communications regarding a physician's status on the medical staff should be directed to the same office.
Upon receipt of the pre-application it is reviewed for eligibility. After it is determined that the physician is eligible to apply, an application for medical staff membership/privileges will be mailed. Once the completed application and the $600 non-refundable application fee are received the standard processing time is 90 to 120 days.
Also please note that there are specific requirements that relate to the following:
- Office and residence requirements (30 minute response time)
- Emergency on-call coverage requirements
- Alternate physician coverage requirements
- Applicant’s credentials will be thoroughly verified from primary sources. If replies are not received timely, applicants will be notified of their responsibility for the completeness of their application.
- Advancement in status after two year Provisional period. If a provisional staff member is found to have insufficient patient activity at Methodist Hospital upon completion of the two-year provisional period, his/her membership and clinical privileges will automatically be terminated, as stated in the Medical Staff Bylaws 3.4-5 c.
Feel free to contact the Medical Staff Office to obtain additional information on the pre-application and application processes.